Strategic is an understatement! As everyone knows by now, on monday (MLK Day – Stock Market was closed) Steve Job’s announced that he will be taking a medical leave from Apple (Remains C.E.O.) for an undisclosed amount of time – tuesday, after the closing bell, Apple releases their best quarterly results ever. This was classic Apple smoke and mirrors and actually for the regular stock holder, a dream come true because the overall health of the stock price stayed the same. Click here to see the quarterly results or see the breakdown below:
1) $6 Billion in Profit on $26.7 Billion in Revenue
2) Iphone 4 sales: 16.4 Million Sold – Up 86%
3) Mac Sales: 4.13 Million Units Sold – Up 23%
4) IPod Sales: 19.4 Million Units Sold – Down 7%
5) IPad Sales: 7.33 Million Units Sold
One specific note of interest is the IPad sales numbers – essentially 3 million more units that regular Mac sales – sneak peak into the future folks. NEXT!!